Who are we?
We are a tech-based startup based in the center of Amsterdam. We focus on enriching data into information and translating this information into knowledge. Our software developed in-house makes it possible to design, engineer and build parametrically. With parametric design, a design is generated based on data or relationships between components. It is already being used intensively in the geo, construction and manufacturing industries.
In recent years we have grown to a team of 17 (international) colleagues, the majority of whom are technically skilled. We are all fascinated by how technology works and how we can use it to shape the future. As a team we continuously learn from each other and we actively help each other. Nothing is too technologically advanced for us!
Does this seem like something to you? Then read on!
Are you who we are looking for?
As a Senior, you are an expert in the field of modern tooling and technologies. With the rest of the development team you focus on the further development of our innovative product and its underlying infrastructure. You like to stay informed of all new developments and you think about the implementation of this within our company. You are someone who knows how to find a healthy balance between modern technologies and the right solution for our product.
Your responsibilities consist of:
- Develop and maintain a high quality microservice architecture on Kubernetes
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Monitor and optimise business critical system components, monitor SLIs to meet set objectives
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
Our technical profile
- Mastery in container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with networking solutions: Traefik and Istio
- Experience with monitoring, tracing and logging technologies: Prometheus, Elasticsearch/ Kibana, Jaeger
- Experience with developing/ testing and maintaining microservices
- Experience with running pub sub systems like Kafka
- Experience maintaining a microservice infrastructure following GitOps principles
- Experience with SRE, develop SLIs and SLOs
- Understanding of programming languages: Python, TypeScript (JS), C#
- “Hacker” attitude: a constant drive to automate
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow with our continuously technology
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
You score extra points if you:
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD on Jenkins
- Experience with running Kubernetes clusters on AWS or Google cloud
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Angular, ReactJS
- Experience with Zenhub
- A full-time position and a place in our international team
- A flat culture where your opinion counts
- We make decisions together
- Create, learn and grow together with your team
- No day is the same
- 8% vacation pay and 25 vacation days
- A joint lunch
- We have a 3D printer that you can use for free
- Overtime? We don’t do that!
- Travel allowance: 0.19 cents per KM or a public transport subscription
- A laptop
- Nice team events and a nice Christmas party every year
Are you looking for a company where there is room for your big ambitions? Please contact me via [email protected]