We are looking for people who find it a nice challenge to roll out a new architecture together with the team. Does this seem interesting to you? Then read on!
In this role you will focus primarily on establishing this new architecture and coaching / helping other developers within the team to grow with it. You get the space to put your stamp on it and to give a cross for major decisions within our platform, such as programming languages and architecture.
We have decided to go forward with Kotlin as our main language, JVM as our platform and Spring Boot as our Framework. If you have experience with Java and Scala and are willing to work in Kotlin, we would also like to meet you. In terms of methodologies, we have chosen; domain-driven design, BDD, eventsourcing and CQRS. In terms of infrastructure, we are currently working hard to keep everything running in Docker and will go live with a Kubernetes environment as hosting platform before the end of this year.
In addition, we can offer you the right guidance as a person, allowing you to grow in your role. Our team consists of interesting and good sparring partners, with whom you can create something incredibly beautiful together.
Is this Position something for you?
You have the drive and communication skills to create a new architecture and you can take the rest of the team with you from a pioneering role. You are able to clearly communicate your vision about architecture and to sell your ideas inside and outside the team.
- You have experience with replacing outdated software with a modern architecture
- You have experience with developing integrations with external systems
- You are familiar with languages Kotlin OR you have experience with; Java & Scala and are willing to learn Kotlin
- It is an advantage if you have experience building APIs, data integrations and tools such as Kafka.
So.. are we the right company for you?
We are a software focused company that has been active in our industry for many years. We are proud of all our customers and therefore find it important to always get the best out of ourselves and our solution. Our core values are not for nothing;
“We are honest, we are informal, we are customer-oriented, and we are doers!”
We currently have over 25 colleagues in 2 locations. Our head office is in Amsterdam and part of our development team works from sunny Lisbon.
“Freedom and personal responsibility” is the mantra that we all live by. We want to create an informal environment in which everyone feels free to share his / her vision and opinion and where everyone feels involved in the company, our mission and our products.
Our office is located on the water, where we enjoy a beautiful view of the boats passing by in the summer. In addition, we are one of the few companies in Amsterdam with free parking spaces at the door. Do you prefer to travel by public transport? Then we are also easily accessible! From Amsterdam Central you can take the pound to us and you will be there within a few minutes.
What can you expect from us?
- You’ll be well compensated at market rate, depending on your skill level and experience
- The freedom to put your teeth into our software and to fully master it
- A place within an informal, flexible, international and driven company
- The space to grow in your role
- Sufficient sparring partners at technical and business level
- A fun and involved team
- We have a flat management structure where everyone is approachable and valued.
- A competitive salary depending on your knowledge and level
- All standard secondary employment conditions
Interested? Send your resume to [email protected] For questions about the vacancy you can also reach me via 088 – 321 8 123 or 06 – 28933650. If this is not the job for you, look at www.starapple.nl for other interesting vacancies in your region!